Phase 1 done!


The last month has flown by, (excuse the pun), sleep, revision, little less sleep, revision... etc, my app on my phone tells me that on avergage I was getting 6 hours a night- but it has been 100% worth it- I have passed phase 1's with a 90% average and I am delighted.

Is there a better place to work than this!?

Room always needed when it comes to revision
An example of things I have to remember



















So before we sit the EASA exams we have to sit school finals about 12 days before- essentially to see if we are ready to sit the EASA's. EASA's are the European exams and effectively are one of the criteria s the airline looks at when your asking for a job with cap in hand, so you want to do as well as possible, 75% is a pass but an unwritten rule is that the airlines want over 85%. So with this all in mind the revision and work has been plentiful but entirely worth it. It was a great feeling finishing the final exam on Wednesday, IFR comms, the 3 days previous had been long days but overall I felt I had done okay. We do all the exams at Oxford in a purpose built exam room with CAA examiners and all exams are on the computer, the CAA are, rightly, very strict in there invigilating, you cannot even take your own pen in with you!

I drove home to Suffolk after my last exam and was ready for a cold beer and some sleep catchup. Then the wait for results which arrived by email which came today.

Anyway, now after 1 week off I will have to do it all again in the last phase before moving to the USA, 9 weeks, 14 exams, so the hard work isn't over and I am not getting carried away but to now have Airline Transport Pilots License qualifications next to my name feels good. However for now, im going to do something I haven't done in a long time... chill!

Thanks for reading as ever.

Dick on last day of phase 1 grounds chool

Comments