The Assessment preparation


My assessment was booked for April but this got pushed back a week due to the computers being used for other assesments so I sat my assessment in May 2013.

Lots has been written on what is in the skills assessment which through my experience is fairly accurate. You can prepare yourself quite well and there are even companies who will sell you software to help prepare yourself, one think you can't really control- the nerves, that's why I decided to book into a hotel the night before to chill and relax, saving a mad dash drive in the morning. That was the theory....

I brought a few comforts from home to help!

Preparing myself in this way really did help- I laid everything out, got supper and breakfast sorted, had my laptop and dvds to relax, what could go wrong? Well, in the morning after a good night sleep at the Biecester Premier Inn I got all ready, suited and booted, all packed up, quick look at my notes and wished farewell to the receptionist.... get in car, I can't do the noise because there was no noise when I turned the key, just a click, in 8 years since iv been driving I have never had a flat battery, why now! It was my own fault, it had been a cold night and the car is usually in the garage... something I had overlooked in my preparation... but I kept calm and was very lucky to spot a 4x4 enthusiasts who was only too happy to help using his new jump leads.... who ever you were, thank you!

Comments