Heart to hydraulics...

As the title suggests our topics vary; we have learned some obscure things like tropical diseases and symptoms to the next lecture working out how a piston engine works, all interesting, all requiring much attention... next week will be into week four for AP360, unbelievable, but more pressing, test one exams are also approaching fast.

This week saw AP360 finishing early on Thursday for a four day Easter break- the instructors cancelled the last 2 lectures realising many of us would be traveling to the four corners of the UK after lectures so the sooner we can going the better as traffic isn't always that kind on any bank holiday as you may of noticed! I returned to Suffolk, but it wasn't going to be one long 'out of Oxford party', no, the books followed me and I spent Friday, Saturday and will spend half of today working before having a break and going out for lunch with friends. Its been great being home, not because I don't want to be at Oxford but because it was nice to see my family and I have the ability to work at home so the change of scenery has be welcome. We had a family meal around my Grannies last night which was excellent and nice to chat to my doctor cousin who is also in training and doing an intense course, pilots arn't the only ones!
                                                  (Air Crash Investigation!)
The lectures are still enjoyable but as the week goes on and fatigue kicks in you have make a conscious effort to stay focused, easier said than done sometimes! Its not all work though, sometimes we just watch 'Air Crash Investigation' with the take home message from the instructors ''and don't do that..!'' thanks...! But there is a saying in aviation, ''Learn from others mistakes because you won't be alive long enough to learn them all yourselves!''.

I was meant to go to Twickenham on Saturday with friends to watch my team Gloucester play Wasps and then go for a few drinks in London, but due to work I was unable to (this is what the instructor meant on the first day when he said ''say goodbye to your life for the next 6 months''), my friend sent me this picture when he got there from his view at the time and I sent one back from mine at the time, seen below;














To this




I suppose we have to make sacrifices and miss certain things which is fine, it our path that we have chosen and we get to do some pretty cool things along the way to! Actually I am quite glad I didn't go, firstly I got a better grasp of Principles of Flight that day and secondly, we lost! OAA also stress that you need time off too, so from lunch today I am putting the books down!

Next week looks busy with a condensed week with a full lecture schedule and more course photos at lunch but with a course night out on Friday night, so its not all work.

Happy Easter everyone.

Comments