Test one's approaching...

AP360 are now the 'old boys and girls' as AP361 enrolled on Friday, seems like yesterday we were in their position, all excited and ready; now we are getting through chapters at a rate of knots and getting ready for exams. We have had a couple of 'surprise' practice test midweek which didn't go to badly- some of us knew the answers but didn't remember learning about them, with all this information thrown at us, its amazing what the brain can absorb. I am strangely looking forward to the exams to be honest, its what we work everyday towards, the constant revision, it would be good to see were the gaps in our knowledge are.... I hope the gaps arn't to big!

It took a couple of day to get back into the swing of things after a short Easter break at home, fatigue management is always an important thing for me, recognising when I am going to be and when I am tired so I can work efficiently and try to keep focus without the use of caffeine... something quite a few of us rely on, some of my work mates dash for an espresso in between lectures- it seems to do the trick!




Friday was my birthday and I coincided with getting the group together for a drink, we tend to do that on Friday's after a weeks work and its nice to relax as a group. This time my landlord very kindly let us have a small party were we live, they have a great facility with an outside bar which is right next to a large pond with boats and big wood burners and BBQ's, all under cover too. It was a great night, nearly everyone was here and my landlord kindly supplied some fireworks- but in hindsight, our house is next to the aircraft flight path for landing and takeoff so it may not of been the most sensible thing to do... I hope the ATC tower enjoyed the display....

Two other things worth mentioning, firstly we all got our photo taken as a group, this photo will be framed and put on the wall at OAA, a little part of us will now always be part of OAA history, something I feel proud about.


And secondly OAA took delivery of 4 of 9 of their new aircraft, its been 40 odd years since OAA had a new fleet so it was very exciting, we grabbed our high vis and went and had a look at them air side... they had flown from US some taking the northerly and southern routes, must of been fun flying them over the Atlantic in them! I won't list all the new geeky stuff we spotted but we were impressed with them!

The next week and challenges are fast approaching, I still feel very lucky to be at OAA, the sentiment hasn't been lost on me yet, it feels great to get up in the morning, put on a uniform, drive through the security gates at the airport to start work, just to go to an airport everyday to me, feels very special.

Wish me luck!




Comments