Week 1 done!

Well, I am one week more educated in aviation than I was this time last week! Its been quite a week, it can be summed up in a few words, 'work, rest, sleep, work- moved house...' What? Yep I had to move house only 7 days after arriving, very simply because where I was living it wasn't 'working'- a number of factors arose and if I knew how many people were eventually going to live there, (7, one shower), I probably wouldn't of moved in. The landlord was good, admitted the problems and had all fiance sorted quickly, Gary also moved out and we found a new house very quickly and moved in the next day to live with James (also on AP360) Peter and Marilyn, much more space and most important, a power shower ... sorted!

                                    OAA welcome on home-screen.... kinda cool!

So the work, well its been very interesting and has considerable bulk. The instructors are excellent, they are like a well oiled machine and constantly keep us interested on some mundane topics, one instructor, Dick, even goes as far as wearing wigs just for some giggles... maybe you had to be there.. but we look in detail into many aspects of aviation but sometimes stuff we don't need to know about or just have to accept it works is called PFM, which stands for Pure F***ing Magic! We are covering Met, Instruments, Piston engines et al, there is lots of information to take in under a small time frame. I personally work better in the morning so starting at 6, drive to OAA about 8.10: we will be there until 4is or 5ish (depending on last lesson), home, then try and work until 9, then I am done and certainly ready for some sleep! I also have been elected as the class rep- I am the 'voice' of the class between OAA and AP360 which also comes with a few other duties too- I enjoy it!

It was OAA's open day yesterday which co in-sided with my family coming up for a visit, I showed them around before doing some more work and the meeting with them for a meal in Woodstock. It was great to show them OAA as they have 'helped' me here which I very much appreciate, Emma, my brothers wife even had a go in the 737 simulator.
 Lunch outside by the taxing aircraft.
 Our first week timetable

Today is Sunday and I went to say goodbye to my family who stayed in a local hotel before returning back to work, I have been working all day and just taken a break to write this nice distraction, you have to keep on top of all the work otherwise you can feel totally 'drowned' - so I have 3 more books to go over then I am done for the week, phew. 

Looking forward to week 2!








Comments