Bank holiday fun....!


The pace of ground school has not let up, if anything, it has increased as we start exams this week and carry on with the normal syllabus, so we are learning new stuff and revising- with that in mind, this bank holiday weekend has not been a mad one! I sometimes go on Facebook in between studies, see all my friends and family doing exciting things in various location and I must admit to feeling some envy, iv spoken about this before, ground training isn't something you can put down on a Friday and pick up on the Monday, you live and breathe it, you cannot be away from it, some of it is very enjoyable and some.... not so much, but I know that after this stage is done, 1. I will never have to do it again and 2. its our ticket to flying in America, so short term gains are put on hold for long term ambition, which I suppose is a good way of summing up ground school....

Fact; if we did our ground course as a uni course it would take 2 years, we are doing it in 6 months!

 This is Dikkie- a bit of a celeb on Youtube! And he was in a James Bond movie... he claims.
 This is were we do the Computer Based Training
 Why I chose Oxford, living and working on an airport, what could be better!?
 Some things we do are not so difficult!
Above is my view from all of today, it can be nice working as a group, we can help each other and also have some 'banter'- like when Alex burnt himself on a sunbed earlier in the week....

So short blog this one (and not very interesting), but not much to report, work, eat and sleep- repeat daily! I have extended my working days by getting up at 5.45 now and working until 9.30 with increased work load, plus from my room I can see all the early morning Heathrow traffic, so its good to look at what you are working towards, anyway first exams are Airframes, Engines and DC electrics. Should be fun!

Hope you had a good bank holiday weekend!

Comments