First wave of exams done.


We started our first exams on the Friday and finished them on Monday- we all had a busy week last week, the pace of the course is fast, we only finished learning testable material on the Thursday for the exam on Friday which = some late night cramming... I mean revising. Saturday and Sunday were the same, about 14 hours work both days for the 3 remaining exams on the Monday... Overall I felt they had gone okay but left some marks out there which I think I should of picked up.

(If you have any interest in types of exams read this, otherwise skip to next paragraph- I should explain all of our exams are multiple choice- so simple, they already give you the answer!... um no, well they do give you the answer but the 'nice' people at OAA and CAA will give it their best shot to trick you, some questions are written very obscurely, or wordy, or mean many things, one word in a question can change the whole meaning- sometimes all the answers are wrong and you have to choose the answer which is least wrong- you can very easily trip up, the examiners have many cunning techniques to make our life's just a little bit harder- so with this in mind OAA have a saying, RTFQ- 'Read The F..... Question'.... simple hey.)

I was aiming for a 75% average and walked away with an average into the mid 80's so I wasn't too unhappy with that. Sunbed Alex finished Human Performance within 23 minutes, its easy if you know the answers apparently! Overall the group performed well so well done to them.

                                         Propellers.... exciting.

We all had Monday evening 'off' meaning no revision, it seemed odd to be honest to have time off, we work all the time and without work, we didn't really know what to do with ourselves! My housemates, others and I ended up having a couple of quiet drinks at the end of the garden in front of a fire- to be honest, I felt pretty exhausted.

Its now Wednesday and its fair to say the course is feeling slightly fatigued- we have had our first person fall asleep in class- maybe a sign of things to come.

There is no let up in the syllabus or sitting backing admiring results- the 'show goes on' so to speak. We started many new topics yesterday and today like the ''blowy sucky things'' which are gas turbine engines (engines on a normal jet powered aircraft) as I type I have 5 of our course members around me working hard at the academy, only 44 days until the big school finals and we still have half of the syllabus to cover- going to be a late one again tonight I think!

As ever, thanks for reading.



Comments